The idea of sprucing up your kitchen space, is always very refreshing and rewarding. People love to upgrade certain part of their kitchen all the time. Mostly, it is all about the productive items in the kitchen which really inspire people to invest their money. One of the most important things in the kitchen is the best kitchen faucets. It is very common to see people getting inspired with the newer models and they want them to be installed in their kitchen. The good thing in this regard is that the kitchen faucets can be easily installed on your own. The process is quite simple and that is also the agenda of this guide. We will be telling you about the simple step by step instructions as how you could install a kitchen faucet easily in your kitchen.
Steps for installing a kitchen faucet:
Anybody who has a basic level knowledge of the various DIY jobs related to home can easily install a faucet. This means that this guide is for everyone who is careful about investing his time and money for the sprucing up of the kitchen. The following are the easiest steps that you need to follow for installing a kitchen faucet:
- First of all, make sure that you go through your product manual which will present you with some product specific information. There might be some very useful pre-assembly instructions given by your manufacturer which can be very handy for the entire process to take off smoothly. So, try to start the project with these instruction if you have got no idea what to do first.
- The major tools that you will require in this project includes a hammer, 4 x 1 screwdriver, handsaw, wrench, pipe wrench, tube cutter and the slip joint pliers. Make sure that everything is ready with you before you begin on with your faucet installation project.
- We are assuming that you are done with the removal of your old faucet and you have access to its opening. Place the flange over the opening.
- Tighten the nuts of the flange with the help of your finger by accessing it from underneath the sink. Also check for the alignment of the faucet, flange and above all the sink hole from the top of the faucet.
- Mount the faucet in the next step and then remount the sink components. Make it sure that you put the faucet in a leveled condition so that it will be fixed accurately to its point. You should not leave the faucet loosely and immediately fix up the joint in order to avoid any damages or joint displacements.
- Then you need to hook up all the associated water lines just as you had with your old faucet. In this step, your manufacturer’s user manual can be of great help. You should follow all the necessary steps in order to connect your faucet to the pipelines correctly and to make it function appropriately.
- After putting the faucet correctly to its place and joining all the necessary pipe connections, you should check all the connections again to make sure you have not left any of them loose or in a faulty position. This will help you to avoid any problems in the future and you can use the faucet without any mess.
Installation of a faucet can be done easily if you have got necessary tools and equipments that matches the requirements of the faucet and are capable to handle the joints and nuts/bolts perfectly. Also following the instruction manual is also very crucial to manage the installation correctly and confidently.